gain muscle

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Muscle Mass Equipment

If you seriously want to see muscle mass gains, then I recommend joining a gym. Generally gym memberships cost around $20 to $40 per month, and occasionally have a membership fee. Personally, my favorite gym is LA fitness. All of its equipment, free weights and available activities make it easy for me to build muscles, sculpt my body, and have fun in the process. You can also join 24 hour fitness, which is a cheaper, but doesn’t have all the fun activities that LA fitness has (i.e. basketball, racquetball, swimming, etc.).

For those of you who prefer to stay at home to work out, there are upsides and downsides to that as well. First off, if you choose to workout at home, you are going to need all of your own gym equipment. While I am going to show you many workouts that only require body weight, if you are serious about gaining muscle mass, I suggest purchasing all the equipment to do so. The advantages of having a home gym is that there are no monthly fees and you don’t have to drive anywhere to workout.

If you decide to work out from home, I suggest buying a home gym. Home gyms come with a full package and are generally cheaper than buying all the equipment separately. You can generally buy home gyms at big 5 or other stores.

One home gym that I have heard many great things about is the bowflex. The nice thing about the Bowflex is that the resistance training gives your muscles something unique to work on, and will force many muscles to work together to push the weight. While the Bowflex is great, they only thing I am not fond if is it is kind of limiting in that you can’t just pick the weights up and start working. It is also a bit on the expensive side. However, I would still recommend it to anyone who wants a gym right in their home. It is a good size, and you can really gain some serious muscle mass with it.

Some other gear I recommend is just a few pairs of sweats or shorts, a towel, 1 or 2 water bottles , a deadlift belt and some workout gloves (I highly recommend the gloves, especially after lat pulldowns). And that’s basically it as far as equipment goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment